Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Orleans: Part Deux

Continuing my recap of New Orleans...

On Saturday I took the trolley down St. Charles, hopping off at First Street so I could walk through the Garden District to see the beautiful homes. Making my way to Magazine Street for some good interiors "research", I stumbled upon Perch.  It is a beautiful little shop set up in an old home with whimsical touches in every room.  If you are looking for a unique and fabulous chandelier, this is the place.  They also have a wonderful collection of accessories. Everywhere I turned, there was some item I was trying to figure out if I bought it, how I could fit it into my carry-on bag. 



Children's Ghost Chair, which was on my Top 10 list for 2011.





Loved these note cards and writing pads!  Alexa Pulitzer, out of New Orleans, designs them.  She features different animals accessorized with something unexpected.  Check out the gator with the crown!  She also does cocktail napkins and cups with her designs on them (pictured above).  I'm told her designs are also available at Bergdorf Goodman.





Lucky for you, Perch has a website where most of their items can be found.  http://www.perch-home.com/


My next stop was Villa Vici, a store more focused on upholstered items in relaxing neutral tones.  Actually, because I had to meet up with the other girls, these were the only two stops I had time for, but it was perfect because they were two very different places, but both amazing!




Featured the coffee table below in my Get The Look post last week!


I can honestly say that in all my years of design, I have never seen a sofa like this!






No comments:

Post a Comment