Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A GREYT IDEA

As most of you probably know, I have a very sweet and loving Greyhound named Meeka.  I am not one of those people that obsess over my dog, but I would be lying if I said that she isn't one of the best parts of my life, and there is nothing I love more than coming home to be greeted by this silly and lanky dog.  I can easily say she makes our house a home.

                                                                                      Meeka

Just a brief history of the Greyhound: they are the oldest species of dog, originating in Ancient Egypt.  They were brought over to the United Kingdom for hunting purposes among royalty.  In Egypt and the UK, they were only owned by royalty, and when you look at paintings from this period, it is always a Greyhound-type dog by the man's side. 

I know you are wondering what in the world my Greyhound has to do with interior design, but I was recently looking for a bed for Meeka, and came across a room I loved with, you guessed it, a Greyhound, being used in a very chic way.  It got me thinking.  I wonder how many interiors are designed using Greyhounds and what kind of tasteful Greyhound products are out there?  I am pleased with what I found. 

Jonathan Adler

Not sure about this lamp...

How interesting is this Greyhound on the table???

Greyhound Toile by ArtbyJaneWalker, spoonflower




Sweet little pillow!

Jonathan Adler's Greyhound statues on the chest below

Jonathan Adler Greyhounds again, this time in a space designed by Adler


From Schumacher, this was adapted from a 1950's hand print


So what do you think?  Would you consider adding a Greyhound onto your list of chic things for your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment