Thursday, October 20, 2011

DREAM JOB

Picture yourself lounging on a yacht surrounded by the ultimate luxuries, floating somewhere off the coast of Italy.  I'm not talking about just any yacht, but a Superyacht that is opulent in every way.  To design those Superyachts is my dream job.  I realize I would probably have to live somewhere in Europe if I had this opportunity, which wouldn't be so bad.  If you are not familiar with a Superyacht, this is not your basic yacht, which I associate with marine-like interiors that are reminiscent of the 1980's in design(this type of design is not my dream job).  However, a Superyacht is typically a vessel over 100 ft. that also has a more luxurious interior.  Oh how I would love to design one!  Maybe one day in my career.  Until then, I've put together some favorite interiors from some insanely over-the-top Superyachts.

Ocean Pearl designed by Lord Norman Foster
Ocean Pearl
Ocean Pearl

Quinta Essentia, Holland

Quinta Essentia

BLISS, New Zealand



Exuma

Exuma

Exuma

Currently, Eclipse is the world's largest yacht (image below), but it does not, in my opinion, have the best interior design.  The living space below was nice though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment