Monday, October 3, 2011

Saturday Night's Dinner

Just a little note before I begin: This post is somewhat random, but I am loving this new spot and have to share with all of you.  Consider this an unofficial review...

I finished my exam around 5:30 Saturday afternoon.  In an exhausted, yet relieved to be done state, I rushed home to catch the second half of the USC/Auburn game.  For the record, I stand by the fact that there was one second left on the clock! 

For a celebratory post-exam dinner, we made a rez at the newly opened Macintosh on Upper King.  It is clearly the hotspot, and for good reason!  The food is amazing and the interior get a thumbs up from me.    

We walked in for our 9:30 reservation to find a packed restaurant and bar.  Great energy, dimmly lit, simple interiors with an urban edge, lots of wood and exposed brick.  The hostess told us it would be at least a 30 minute wait until they would have a table for us, as they were having trouble with people lingering at their tables.  We grabbed a drink at the crowded bar, and did some casual people-watching of a very diverse crowd that included the dapperly dressed Bill Murray in a matching cream sweater and blazer with two attractive, and significantly younger, women.  We were seated in about 20 minutes at the big booth in front of the bar, perfect for people watching, but we were still tucked away from the crowd in a cozy booth.  I had the perfect seat for taking good pictures, but in my exhausted and Prosecco-buzzed state, most of my pictures were taken on the wrong camera setting so they didn't come out as well as I would have liked. 


Below, is the delicious Lamb neck ravioli.  Words cannot describe the deliciousness! 

Below are the scallops, which I did not try, and the Truffle Fries in the background, which were wonderful (and enough for a table of four easily)!

This is the view of the front from our booth.  Bar is to the left.

Dining room with view of the kitchen.  Sorry for the bad picture, but this shows the great lighting, not too dark and not too bright.  Perfectly dimmed!



 

I stole this one off of their Facebook page so you could see the brick and glass front.


All in all, it was a great evening!  Hope you all had a nice weekend as well!

1 comment:

  1. I went on Friday night for drinks. I can't wait to go back for dinner!

    ReplyDelete