Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Morning Mix

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I'm wondering how many people took advantage of the tax free weekend.  I tried to avoid that whole scene.  However, I ended up downtown on King Street on Friday, probably one of the worst spots ever if trying to avoid the tax free shoppers.  Hampden Clothing was having a big sale, so I had to check it out.  I'm definitely glad I went, because I scored an Alexander Wang skirt for $30, not bad!  It wasn't too crowded, but walking there, I noticed the Apple store had crowd control ropes up for their customers.  No thank you! I waited in line for my iPad 2 for 3 days, and would not do that again, especially in downtown Charleston in August!  Did any of you get any good tax free deals?  I also squeezed in some beach  time and caught up with a good friend in New York over the phone.  I'm not a huge fan of talking on the phone, nor do I ever really have the time, but I feel like it's so important to catch up with your good friends every now and then. Hope all of you had just as nice of a weekend!  Time for my promised Monday Morning Mix. 


Organize your desktop, and add some color while you're at it.  Most of us spend the majority of the week at our desk.  Why not make it a more cheerful and attractive space?

courtesy of seejanework.com
courtesy of decorpad.com



Talking to my friend in New York made me want to get together with friends.  I love entertaining, but I stay so busy it rarely happens.  Make plans to entertain or have friends over later this week or this coming weekend.  It will make you get your house in order, and possibly push you to get some things done that you have been putting off. 







Paint your front door.  A fresh coat of paint or a new color will freshen up the entire facade of your house.




courtesy of Coastal Living

No comments:

Post a Comment