Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Client's "Relaxing Retreat" - Part 1

The home I am featuring today is a project that is very special to me.  I have been working with my client and her husband on their home for a little over a year now.  It's special in a couple ways.  First off, I gained a client and friend who has been a joy to work for and spend time with, and that is priceless.  Like her husband said the other week "I feel like you are part of the family now".  I couldn't agree more.  It's also special because I was able to create a space that my client loves and refers to as her calm and relaxing space.  Her love for the design and the happiness it has brought her and her husband is what makes my job so wonderful.  We have spent the past year putting thought and care into every detail of the home.  Like I've said before, good design is a process.  We are still working on other spaces in the home, so this is Part 1.  I will do a Part 2 post soon.  Without further ado, welcome to my client's home!



Levels of lighting were very important, so we placed candles thoughtfully throughout.  For those South Carolina locals familiar with Ernest Lee, also known as The Chicken Man, he did this custom painting for us. 


Notice the greyhound statue in the background?  My client, knowing my love of Greyhounds, thought it would be special to have one in her home as a signature of my work.  Also, I used the ottoman as a place to put some of their beautiful art books on display.


The ottoman was upholstered in a luscious ribbed mohair.  I wish all of you could feel this wonderful fabric!  Amazing!

The picture below is a better representation of the actual wall color.


The wall between the living room and dining room was knocked out, opening up the 2 spaces.




Hardware was incredibly important in the finished product of the window treatments.




The backsplash tile was installed beautifully.  The accent strips are made of a sparkling crushed glass. 



And, just to get a feel for the transformation, here are some "before" images.




I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving! 
I am thankful for all of my wonderful clients, my supportive family and friends, and for all the opportunities I have had and will have in my life and career.  I am also thankful for each and every one of you who read my blog and your encouraging words!

No comments:

Post a Comment